Curation Tools and Documentation
- DO SPARQL queries enable semantic queries of the Disease Ontology database and data retrieval of customized datasets (upon request of DO Users) and reports utilized for Quality Control assessment, identification of targeted curation datasets and reporting of DO release statistics. SPARQL queries utilized in the Human Disease Ontology or requested by the DO's community are provided for reuse on the DO's GitHub repository.
- DO Style Guide : provides documentation on defining new disease terms in the DO, cleaning up term format, creating definitions, database cross-references (dbxrefs: one to one references to external clinical vocabulary resources) and provenance of term definition sources.
- DO Cancer Nomenclature Definitions : A resource guide for devising cancer definitions including ontology browsers, authoritative sources for definitions, formatting examples and NCI cell type cancer definitions.
NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms
- Design Patterns for Method of Inheritance : Outline of logical axioms for defining EquivalentTo and SubClassOf statements for DO genetic diseases, to define the mode of inheritance.
- DO Ticket Review Steps : curation guidelines for creating new DO disease terms.
- DO merges FAQ : curation guidelines for combining two disease terms.